MagicJack and No Audio Devices found
A few days ago, I decided to move my MagicJack VOIP thingy from my laptop computer to another machine. The only machine in my home office that is up all the time is my server, though. I plugged the MagicJack in and it was immediately recognized and the software was installed. The phone could get a dialtone, but I could never successfully dial-out.
Each time I tried to dial, a dialog box on the computer popped up saying "no audio devices found no output/input devices are found". The other sympton was that on the MagicJack software menu, under Volume/Headset Control, the only option available was Headset/Other, not Telephone.
I finally figured it out. The soundcard drivers must be installed and the Telephony and Windows Audio Services must also be started.