Saturday, April 30, 2005

Bizarro Award: Stupid laws department

At times, Florida legislators outdo themselves when it comes to silly legislation. They have passed a law that requires every public classroom to display an American flag. The flag must by 3 feet by 2 feet. Many classrooms already had flags, but they did not meet the size requirements. In central Florida alone, 15,000 flags will need to be replaced (a cost of approximately $60,000). Well, the schools would have just wasted that money on books, raises for teachers, school repairs, or other such wasteful uses of education funds.

http://www.tampabaylive.com/stories/2004/12/041206flags.shtml
http://www.alligator.org/pt2/050218flags.php

4 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger cash at home said...

Hello, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a email list marketing site. It pretty much covers email list marketing related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger jon said...

I am looking everywhere for skate shoes and skate shoes, while doing so I somehow stumbled onto your skate shoes blog. I am happy to say I learned something and will look into this further...

Thanks for the great posts...

jon

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Online Incomes said...

Hey I just love your blog. I also have a american single log in
blog/site. I mostly deals with american single log in
Please come and check it out if you get the time!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Domain Names
Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home