Directory Update rocks, too
We have gotten lots of great feedback on Directory Update. And we have taken on a number of new customers. If you have not been following Self Service Directory Update, it is small utility I designed about a year ago and my company is now selling. This utility allows a user to update or modify their own information in the Active Directory and Exchange Global Address List.
Based on some feedback from customers, we have made some useful changes over the past 3 months:
- Integrated Windows Authentication or Forms Based Authentication support
- Almost all fields can be either text fields or drop-down lists
- Added new telephone number attributes, the Notes attribute, Employee ID, Employee Number, Employee Type, Web Page, and Custom Attributes 1 through 10.
- Customizable help pages
- Allow Log Off button to redirect to URL
The programmers are working on a couple of new features that have been commonly requested. These include:
- Manager, Secretary, and Assistant fields (these use the distinguished name of other objects)
- Set some fields to be mandatory / required
- Firefox support!