Sunday, May 20, 2007

Exchange 2007 Unified Message forms in Outlook Web Access

In Boston a few weeks ago, someone asked me if you can still play Unified Messaging voice mail messages if you are using Firefox and if so, what does the interface look like. For those of you that have not seen Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging, here is a voice mail message in a mailbox.

Notice the integrated player, the "Play on Phone" option, and the Audio Notes section (where you can make notes about the call). This is all pretty slick stuff. Also note that the message is about 70 seconds long and the size is 83KB in size.

Now let's look at the same message in Firefox. The "Play on Phone, notes, and player options are now gone. However, the attachment still shows up as a WMA file that the user can open and listen to. (Note that I trimmed down this image to save space.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jim-

This is Scott Skinger, president of Train Signal, Inc. I was interested in discussing a contract opportunity with you for developing an Exchange 2007 video course.

I could not find contact information for you, so I am posting here...sorry! Please contact me directly at sskinger@trainsignal.com and I can provide more information.

Thanks,

Scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home