Saturday, November 21, 2009

Welcome home Luke!


For those of you that have been following my search for a dog, meet "Luke", my new Siberian Husky. He turned 10 weeks old yesterday and is already 20 pounds! He loves to eat, play, run, and whine like crazy when he has to go in his crate. He is sleeping next to my chair right now while I work on the last chapter for my E2K10 book.

Luke descends from top champions on both sides of his family. His mother Laney is, a beautiful black-and-white with blue eyes in her family. His father, Quinn, is where the red comes from. Quinn's grandfather is Am/Can Ch Innisfree's Fire and Frost CGC, the only Siberian Husky to win the Westminster dog show. He came to Jes Kennels in Hawaii from Innisfree, probably the most famous Siberian Huskey kennel in the world.

Luke, of course, is just my pet. I am not going to show nor breed him. That is my agreement with Nikki, the breeder. Though I have had many dogs in my life including 3 Alaskan Malamutes, I feel like a kid with his first dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home