Sunday, July 20, 2014

Change Auditor installation broke Exchange 2010 scripting

Last week, we finally got around to starting our Change Auditor for Exchange installation.  We had tested this pretty thoroughly in the lab, but had not yet put it in to production.  So, we picked an unused public folder server in our Disaster Recovery site.

We did not realize that the first Change Auditor for Exchange agent that gets installed also enables a global setting that enables the Scripting Agent.  Once enabled, admin scripts and SCOM scripts could no longer run.  And, we use a lot of scripts for admin tasks.

If we had gone ahead and completed the Change Auditor agent installation on all servers, the problem would have been resolved.  But, since something was "broke" we halted the installation until we could figure out what had happened.

As a work around, we changed the ScriptingAgentConfig.XML file (see the above link) and disabled it on all other E2K10 servers.

1 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger Rodney Fournier said...

Hey Jim. We use it at work. If you want to swap horror stories, talk to me. I also know the developers by name, so...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home