Saturday, May 14, 2005

HP's IPAQ 6515: The Blackberry Killer?

The folks that I work around (well, at least the senior officers) all want to carry Blackberries. I agree they are a cool little device, but since I'm an "Exchange guy", I would like to see more people using Windows Mobile and Exchange Active Sync enabled devices (like my Motorola SmartPhone). After all, for full functionality of a Blackberry, Exchange users require the Blackberry Enterprise Server while Exchange 2003 has all of the necessary mobile functions built-in.

I think a lot of the draw of the Blackberry is that the devices have that nifty little keyboard. Using my SmartPhone for e-mail or any sort of note-taking is painful, at best. Well, that and the bosses always want what people at other companies (or commands have.)

HP iPAQ 6515 Enter the HP IPAQ 6515. Not only does it look a lot like a high-end Blackberry, but it will actually emulate one. But, best of all, it runs Windows Mobile 2003, supports Bluetooth, 802.11, supports quad-band GSM and GPRS network access, a built-in GPS, supports SD cards, a touch screen, and has a killer video screen!

The product is supposed to be released soon. You can read more about it here.

5 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Travis said...

I agree. I am a Microsoft consultant who wants to see Microsoft devices used in the enterprise spaces, devices like this and Exchange soon to have the much needed "Push" technology are going to hopefully make that happen. I want this device. The GPS functionality is what I look forward to the most.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Jim McBee said...

I think that this new IPAQ 6515 *will* have the Blackberry emulation capability. At least that is what my friendly neighborhood Microsoft TAM told me.
- Jim

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Jørn said...

I´ve had an Ipaq 6515 for two years and regretted it deeply.
It just doesn´t do what it´s there for. The dealer had to replace the first one because it didn´t know its own GPS part.
The bluetooth connection to my handsfree set in the car has to be manually established 2 out of 3 times. It freezes regularly despite the fact that there is NO other software in it but the one supplied by HP.
There is a problem in the battery power supply that leads to sudden resets, typically in the middle of a phoneconversation.
My recommendation is: Buy anything else, it just can´t be worse

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HP IPAQ Video Reviews
Ipaq Hx2490
HP iPAQ 514
HP IPAQ HX 2790
CarryMobile Leather case for HP iPAQ rx5965/rx5370/rx5915

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi all,

For any mobile device you have, make it worthwhile by plugins & third party softwares.

Visit explorePDA.com for soft add-ons and avail below offer.

25% off on all PocketPC,Palm, Symbian, Blackberry Software, Ringtones, Games, Themes, Wallpaper at explorepda.com

Website : http://www.explorepda.com

Use this Discount Code : SUPERSALE

Offer open for Limited Period on Olympic Celebration. Hurry!!

explorePDA.com - HP devices,Palm, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile, Smartphones, Symbian, Pocket PC software at [url]www.explorePDA.com[/url].

New submissions daily! Special Discounts monthly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home