Sunday, June 04, 2006

Active Directory Update web page - GALMOD replacement

One of my friends has been helping me design and build a .NET application that allows a user to update some of their own Active Directory attributes (telephone number, title, city, state, etc...). The administrator can specify which attributes the user can update. He has been working on this on or off for the last 6 months, but finally has something close to completion. He is planning on selling this for modest amount (probably around US$250 per Active Directory domain.)

After playing with it last night some, I'm pretty impressed. If you are interested, drop him a message at MattSuriya (at) somorita.com and include in the subject line Directory Update. For a expanded view click here.

Features in the version he is trying to get finished include:
  • Administrator controls which attributes a user can update
  • Common fields are populated via administrator customizable drop-down lists
  • Field labels can be changed by administrator
  • Developer can easily add additional attributes (such as custom attributes) to interface

He is calling this Directory Update; I think this is nicely positioned to replace GALMOD and other such tools.

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Kurt said...

Jim,

I really like your site. Would you consider turning on RSS feeds for it?

Thanks,

Kurt

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Jim McBee said...

Thanks Kurt! I think that blogger.com now allows RSS feeds. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I don't pull any feeds from anywhere. I guess that will change when I install the beta of Office 2007 and start playing with the built-in syndication stuff.

Anyway, try this URL:
http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/rss.xml

Thanks!
Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home