E2K7 SP1 "official post"
Okay, I guess it is NOW official that the Exchange 2007 SP1 features can be discussed. Terry Myerson posted some information on the E2K7 SP1 release. First, it will probably be released in beta sometime around Arpil and be available sometime in the second half of 2007. Here are some improvements:
- Standby Continuous Replication (SCR) is similar to cluster continuous replication (CCR) except that it replicates to a non-clustered server in a remote data center.
- New mobility policies include enforcing encryption of main memory of mobile devies, specifying which applications can be run on a mobile device, disabling certain mobile device network interfaces (WiFi, Bluetooth, infrared), and ability to disable features on the device such as MMS, SMS, POP/IMAP, and cameras.
- Outlook Web Access 2007 SP1 will include personal distribution lists, S/MIME, and rules editing, monthly calendar view, and deleted items recovery. Public folders are also supposed to be accessible via web services.
- The Exchange Management Console will include public folder configuration, SendAs permission assignment, and POP3/IMAP4 configuration management.
- IPv6 will be supported on Longhorn server.
- The Move-Mailbox wizard will support moving data in and out of PST files. No word on whether it will be a >2GB capable PST or not.
Labels: Exchange 2007