Sunday, June 20, 2010

Administering Microsoft E-mail Servers: The basics

I am proposing a book that would cover the basics of administering e-mail servers in a Microsoft environment. This would book would not be version specific, but would cover basics such as DNS, PKI/certificates, Outlook/MAPI profiles, reverse proxies, storage, SMTP, POP/IMAP, fighting spam, etc... The target audience is new e-mail administrators.

First, I think there is a good potential audience for such a book. Second, it would free books suh as the "Mastering" books from having to cover the basics.

I'd like to hear some feedback from people about this idea.

4 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger mkline said...

I think it is a good idea, some people would buy both books but others that already know exchange would buy only the mastering books.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks

Mike

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just surfing find your ides, looks amazing! I would buy this book if its come to light!

Hope the best for you and your proyect!

Marco

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Merson said...

That would be great. There are lot of Helpdesk guys need a basic book like the one you proposed. Pl do it! I m sure would would be appreciated and your experience will help a lot of people

Merson

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger ThePoster said...

Yes, please do pen such a book. There is a real need for foundation level information like that. Not only would I buy this book, I would also be willing to help with its development.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home