Directory Update, Directory Manager, and Directory Search on Windows Server 2008
Most of our new customers are now running Directory Update, Directory Search, and Directory Manager on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2. Our applications are fully supported on both flavors of Windows Server 2008, but the enhanced security and minimal install surface may make installation a bit more complicated. Here are some recommendations for installation and troubleshooting:
- Internet Information Server requirements:
- IIS 7 web service components
- The IIS 6 compatibility components of IIS 7
- .NET Framework 3.5
- We recommend creating a separate IIS application pool that uses the Identity NetworkService. Call it something such as "DirectoryUpdateAppPool". That application pool's 32-bit features must be disabled on Windows x64.
- Give the NETWORK SERVICE user "modify" permissions to the .\Photos folder and/or the .\Logs folder