Saturday, July 01, 2006

Exchange 2007 - Request for comments and reviewers

While we are on the subject of Exchange 2007... I have been contracted to write TWO Exchange 2007 books. One will be targeted towards "new to product" type features, entry level admins, feature "how to use" information, etc... This book will be released around the time the product is released. The second book will be the new "24seven" book, which is now called "Advanced Administration"; this book will come out sometime in the Exchange 2007 SP1 timeframe. Hopefully by that time I have plenty of practical and "field" experience with Exchange 2007. I have a few customers that will probably deploy E2K7 within the first few months.

Anyway, many people that read my blog already know this. I try to collect as much information from people as I can about what they want to see. So, I'm looking for people to review the outline of the "introduction / basics" book and tell me what they think. As I start turning out chapters, I will also be looking for informal reviewers. People that don't mind reviewing chapters and providing me feedback.

If you are interested in looking at outlines, reading chapters, or telling me what you think, drop me an e-mail at exchange24seven @ gmail.com

As you are thinking about Exchange 2007, here are some of the types of things I am trying to find from people to provide me feedback:
  1. What are some of the most valuable things you have learned about Exchange 5.5/2000/2003?
  2. What were lessons that were learned the "hard way"?
  3. What are some of the things you wished you had learned when you started working with Exchange 5.5/2000/2003?
  4. In your job, what are the things you do most often and what are the skills that help you do your job the most efficiently.
  5. What is your most commonly used "features" of E2K/E2K3? (Journaling? IMF? Multiple mailbox stores? ExBPA? Message tracking? Mailbox/recipient management? )
  6. Of the books, blogs, and web sites you read, what are some of the most important or useful things you have learned about Exchange? Or the most useful features of these books, blogs, or web sites?
  7. What features of Exchange 2007 do you think will be most useful to your organization? (Transport policies? New IMF? Edge services? Local Continuous Replication? Clustered Continuous Replication? More mailbox databases per server?
  8. If you read one of the earlier 24seven books, tell me what you thought? What was good? What was useless?

So, I hope to hear from you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home